Sunday, September 29, 2013

DEAR STEVE

Between Jobs' upbeat tone and the valuable lessons that he presented, I truly enjoyed his speech.  Beyond that, because much of the information/advice that he offered is particularly applicable to me in my current circumstances, I intend to legitimately take it to heart. I am at the point where I am going to be graduating from high school in relatively no time at all, and I have no idea what I want to do. Everyone is pushing me to go to college but, while I agree that pursuing a higher education is almost always in one's best interest, I feel that making such an enormous financial commitment without a clear objective would be counterproductive at best. Unless there is some sort of unexpected development that leads to me finding my true passion in life (if it even exists) within the next few months, then I will be left with very few reasonable options. My plan as of now, in  relative correspondence to the theme of the speech, is to attend a less-expensive community college and simply feel things out. After all, there is really no way to know for sure which subjects/fields are or are not for me until I've dabbled in all of them. Like Steve said, all I can do is follow my heart and hope that everything works out in my favor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment