Thursday, April 3, 2014

LOOK AT MY BRAIN

I always try to let my coursework reflect as much of my inner thinking as possible. I am an admittedly opinionated (though certainly not close-minded) individual, and I will never hesitate to make clear my position on an issue, so long as I provide veritable facts and/or cogent arguments to support my points. By its very nature, this somewhat argumentative style is indicative of one's capacity for both creativity and critical thinking. In fact, the argument is perhaps the purest embodiment of critical thinking there is; formulating an effective argument requires a clear, open-minded, analytic evaluation of the facts--practically the word-for-word definition of critical thinking. Creativity is also central. What use is the ability to acquire the building blocks without the ability to assemble them? To put forth an argument is to create ideas based on facts, and give them form. Also, believe it or not, collaboration plays its role here as well. While seemingly working against each other, when two or more individuals debate a matter, they are effectively collaborating. They are exchanging a series of arguments in order to determine what is true and what isn't, and the progress that results isn't reserved exclusively for the victor.

No comments:

Post a Comment